Head of Purchasing Trading Goods BA RE Tires EMEA (m/f/diverse)
(Job ID: 248154BR)
Job DescriptionWe are searching for a new Head of Purchasing Trading Goods Business Area Replacement Tires EMEA who drives and shapes our trading goods organization within our new purchasing organization.
As the Head of Purchasing Trading Goods Business Area Replacement Tires EMEA, the following tasks will fall into your responsibility:
- Support the creation of the Business Area's procurement vision and strategy by developing a strategic approach and strategy specifically for the European procurement of trading-goods (tires, rims, car parts, services) and ensure it's regional/local implementation
- Represent the strategical counterpart to the regional/local category buyers, interact as professional sparring partner, and create European valid category strategies and concepts for respective trading-goods
- Create and secure direct business value through procurement-side cost optimization measures for European managed trading-goods and services
- Lead and manage the Business Area's European category buyer organization for trading-goods and continuously develop and sustain high impact teams
- Lead and manage strategically and operationally relationships to internal key customers, stakeholders, and suppliers
- Ensure and continuously optimize the area of procurement (purchase to pay), taking into account supplier, financial, supply chain, product, service, brand, organizational, application and process aspects
- University degree in Business Economics or similar or comparable education
- Several years of experience in the area of purchasing or supply chain management
- Several years of experience in international purchase management, category/commodity management, and supplier portfolio management
- Several years of experience in leading (functionally or directly) an (international) team
- Experience in leading of and working in international projects
- Experience in and willingness for continuous and sustainable process optimization
- Fluent English language skills written and spoken
- German language skills are a plus but not required
What we offerWe want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits. Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.